Thread Painting Workshop (Beginner to Advanced)
Date: Coming Soon
Description of Workshop
1. Preparing the back ground. Students will learn a variety of techniques, including silk painting, and airbrushing to create a background for the stitches and will then create some samples.
2. Beginning free motion embroidery. Students will learn how to create marks and texture using three basic stitches. They will learn how to control the sewing machine, and guide the fabric under the needle. Samples will be created in readiness for a finished piece.
3. Creating a design from a photograph. Students will learn how to simplify what they see in a photo, create a design and transfer it to fabric.
4. Combining the learned techniques students will create a thread painting.
5. Completion. Students will learn how to stretch the fabric ready for framing.
Open Studios” the 1st Friday of Each Month from 6 PM – 9 PM
Open Studios” the 2nd Saturday of Each Month from 12pm – 4pm
ANDERSON ALLEY ARTISTS 250 N. Goodman Street Rochester, NY 14607