Eve Botelho grew up in England, where she studied textile design with a focus on embroidery at Loughborough College in Leicestershire. Since moving to the United States with her husband, she has been teaching, selling her work at arts and craft shows, and exhibiting nationally.
This book, her first, will show you how to create a landscape sketch using free motion embroidery with your sewing machine. Inside are four projects based on the processes she uses, each demonstrated step by step. A Workshop with Eve Botelho; Thread Painting will teach you how to:
• Begin with photos as inspiration
• Create an airbrushed background
• Translate a photographic image into a thread painting
• Master three basic stitches to create beautiful images
• Prepare and frame your finished work